Hi all,

It's been a hectic month, culminated (so far) by
having my wisdom teeth removed, so I'm checking in a
little late.

" First Church of the Americas " by  Tiger Moses, USA:
 I've looked at this on both my work and home
monitors, and it seems lacking in shadow detail. I
would guess that it was exposed to leave detail in the
sky, at the expense of the foreground.  I like being
able to see the shrubbery and pathway coming up to the
church.  In my opinion, the shrub on the left is a
little too dominant, I think that I would have moved
the camera a little forward and to the right to show a
little less of this shrub and more of the church. This
looks like a neat structure and seems it would be
fantastic place to explore photographically.

" Christmas in the City " by  Patrick White, USA:
Nice nighttime shot.  The oval makes a nice "frame"
for the image. Good job on the exposure too.  It is
hard to tell, but it seems that the lights on the tree
are a little out of depth of field, perhaps stopping
down to around f/8 and letting the shutter go about
1-2 seconds would have sharpened it up.   Quite
ingenious going without a tripod and cable release.

" City Bird " by  Andras Gordon, USA: I like the
strong diagonal placement of the "bird", this really
makes for a dynamic composition.  It almost seems as
if the goal was to create an "abstract" look, in which
case I would suggest cropping out the blue sky.
Exposure is good for a graphic impact, and the
inclusion of the tree and tree shadow provide a nice
counterpoint to the rest of the image.

Good job guys, and also to everyone who submitted, and
the PUG team that makes it all happen each month.

Regards,

William in Utah.