I'll give you answer 4 ;-)
It's up to you.

To reach the lubrication/bumpers you must:
1. Remove top and bottom covers.
2. Remove the 2 front leatherettes.
3. Remove several screws holding the mirror
box and prism/viewfinder assemblies.
4. Unsolder all wires going to the winder contacts,
main switch, shutter assembly, hotshoe, aperture
resistor, film speed resistor and exposure comp.
switch. (VERY tiny soldering iron in the 5watt
range)
5. Carefully remove the mirror box/viewfinder/
prism assembly watching carefully for paper
thin spacers behind the lens mount and VF assy.
(The spacers ARE important.)
5. Dis-assemble several linkages to remove old
lube and mirror damper bumpers.
6. Re-Lube and replace bumpers if you can find
suitable rubber material. 2mm ID, 4mm OD silicone
rubber tubing will do.
7. Re-assemble, cleaning as you go. Be CERTAIN
that the shutter is COCKED before re-assembly.
8. (Optional) If you are like I was, repeat the
above steps 10-12 times to get it right.
(My first 3 MES became "parts" cameras, now I
can usually re-assemble correctly on the first
try.

Sound like fun?
It IS but I would suggest having 3 or 4 "victims"
to practice on! ;-)
I've done about 30 of them now, takes 1-3 hours,
depending on initial condition.
It's the kind of thing I do to relax. ;-)

Don