On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 18:22:47 -0400, Herb Chong wrote:

>IE slows down for many reasons. legitimate add-ons with bugs are the most
>common reason after you have eliminated spyware and viruses. uninstalled
>programs that don't remove everything from their IE "integration" support
>are the usual reason. IE spends time looking for something that isn't there
>because the registry entry is still there. some of these can be cleaned up
>by registry cleaners. after that, it's installed programs that are just
>stupid. IE has thousands of way to "integrate" and anything that does it
>wrong could cause the system to crash, slow down, or just not work right.
>all thanks to MS's
>we'll-do-everything-in-the-browser-and-make-it-part-of-the-OS-to-kill-Netscape
>idea.

I used to like Netscape version 4.8.  Then they went strange.

We reinstalled windows XP Pro SP2 and put in only the necessary bits
and it still went slow.

We've just put Firefox on to her PC and she is setting it up the way
she likes it now and we will see how she likes it.  I know I like it.

 Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon