Hope you enjoy the K1000. I cut and paste the attached comments re a variety of
Pentax 80 - 200 zoom of which the A series is included. I'm not sure where it
came from, however it was off the web in the past 2 months.

Darryn Richter
Adelaide Australia

_______

80-200 mm f/2.8 FA* ED (IF) (p)
Doug Brewer - . . .while the weight issue is real, I consider the resultant
photos worth the trouble. . . can tell you from my =real world= use, it's simply
outstanding. . .

Phil -. . . To start with, this is a great lens. Optically, I have never been
disappointed with its performance. . .

SudaMafud - No one, not even PENTAX, makes a better mid-range zoom.

80-200 mm f/4.7-5.6 F
Ralf Engelmann - . . . mechanically without problems, optically moderate to good
quality with some problems full open.

80-200 mm f/4.7-5.6 A
Douglas J Stemke - I've grown to really like this lens. . . I've taken really
lovely photos . . . blown up from a slide to 8X12 inches and it still retains
great sharpness. . .

Ralf Engelmann - . . . a compact and affordable standard telezoom. . . . it's
the most convincing offer in the Pentax telezoom range. . . does more than one
would expect from the price and size. Optical quality is o.k., mechanical
quality is pretty good and I like the internal zooming feature.

80-200 mm f/4.7-5.6 FA (New)
Ralf - . . . definitively a step back. If you can get the former SMC-F
4.7-5.6/80-200mm, buy that one. Same optics, but considerable better mechanics
than the new silver FA version. . .