Modern flash units are worlds more powerful than what I had back when I used flash a lot, and cover a lot of the need for this kind of stuff.

Godfrey

On Jun 25, 2005, at 2:07 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:

But the ND filter effectively reduces the stop in terms of how much flash you can lay in the shot. In daylight and with no walls or ceiling to reflect some of the spill light back, it's hard enough to get a useful amount of fill. High speed synch is important for anyone who shoots outdoor portraits, birds, insect macro, etc.
Paul