In a message dated 6/26/2005 8:13:37 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I live in a Purple state.

I  thought there were red states and blue states.  (Being Canadian and
all,  I'm not hip to these things).  Am I to assume that of your
electoral  college votes (is that what they're called?) you split <snip>

Things are not always black and white or red or blue. To get an  accurate
assessment of the population, you need to look at the popular  vote.  This map
is
a county by county (or in our case, parish)  assessment.

http://www.princeton.edu/~rvdb/JAVA/election2004/

I live in the purple region of Northwestern Louisiana.

I am  not a political animal, just an observer.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana