On 6/26/05, Tom Reese <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I understand why you say that. The Rocky and Bullwinkle show was unusual
> the way it appealed to kids and adults. There were two levels of humor
> with odd references and puns that only adults would understand. There's
> some very funny stuff in those old R&B cartoons.

Absolutely!  Rocky and Bullwinkle was brilliant.  The whole thing
taking place with the cold war/Spy vs. Spy underpinnings allowed them
to, as you say, slide in enough adults humour to keep everyone happy.
I still love watching it to this day.

Mind you, it wasn't just the Cold War references that were hilarious
to adults, as Mr. Peabody and Sherman and Fractured Fairy Tales were
equally funny...

cheers,
frank