This should make you feel more reasured.
My D2H is going back to Nikon for the same problem as initially sent. First in
Oct 2004,
then May
2005 and now, now.:-)

I found others on the Nikon BB's complain about this lates symptom. I look at
this camera
as the
Pinto of Digital.<vbg>
BTW i have returned to the D1. All pictures shot this weekend(400 or so) are
all fine.

Dave(dont bump my camera near its gas tank)Brooks