The wierd thing is that in most cases there already laws that should apply, but
are not enforced in these cases. Stalking is after all just another form of
harrassment and their are laws against that. Hell often the cops do not enforce
those laws even when there is a court order to do so in a specific case.

Selective enforcement of laws is not good. But then there are lots of laws out
there that should never have been made, and I guess we are lucky when cops
refuse to enforce those.

And yes the propose CA ordinance I mentioned was an anti-paparazzi one. I do
still wonder why it was the paparazzis fault that Diana's driver was doing 100+
mph in city streets?

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"

frank theriault wrote:

The sad thing, of course, is that such anti-pap and anti-stalking laws
(if they've even been put on the books yet) are brought into being
with the noblest of intentions.  Surely stalked women have a right to
privacy, as do celebrities (I suppose <g>).  The laws are a response
to very real abuses out there.  The problem is that these lawmakers
haven't thought enough about the consequences, in their haste to
satisfy what they perceive as the public's clamouring to "protect"
certain "victims".