Hi all, from someone who rarely posts but regularly lurks. I always enjoy reading the discussions and looking at the photos, but you folks have been so good lately that I just had to subscribe briefly and jump in.

Jerome's NYC photos were really good -- as others mentioned, the taxi shot was great. NYC has to be one of the most photographed places anywhere, and your shots still made it interesting and fresh. It was obvious you two had a good time.

I really like Jay's portrait of his grandson, perfect capture.

Dag's Norwegian lake, I had the same feeling as someone else mentioned, oh dear, another pretty lake photo, then the little boy just completely transformed it into something special.

I always like Frank's stuff.  And Godfrey's.

Last, but far from least, I immensely enjoyed the ongoing discussion about street photography and long/short lenses. Sonny, you do great work -- I really like your approach, and your way of expressing yourself, both pictorially and verbally. And I like Shel's explanation of how he engages his subjects. I really want to practice that, get up the courage to jump in with my 50mm.

And a bunch of other stuff, too.

Keep it up, my compliments to you all!

relurking,

*>UncaMikey