At 04:51 20/06/01, you wrote:
>         The local shop has an AF 1.7x adapter.  I have never considered
>using one and it seemed strange acting when I tried it.  It looks as if it
>has never been used.  It is part of an SF1-N setup that is on consignment.
>
>         I believe they are asking $125 for it.  Worth it?  Is it useful?
>Etc., etc., etc.

I bought mine off Rob Studdert. I have an A series 50mm stuck on it
permanently, and it makes a wonderful AF 85mm lens. Shame is, I very rarely
use any focal lengths around that range so it is under used. When I do use
it, I'm happy with the way it works, and the results it gives.

Cheers

Jon

Relax! Take life as it comes, you can't chase the sun, you can't race the wind