On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 23:57:40 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> So now here in the 05's i'm sitting infront of a computer,
> essentially doing what he did in the 70's-80's with his CB
> only now with 0001110011000010's.LOL
>
> Interesting how the world changes, but we still do the same
> thing. Talk to people around the world.

The hams are doing something I find pretty interesting ... hooking to
the internet repeaters for frequencies that typically wouldn't go
around the world.  I've use it to talk from Atlanta to the St Lawrence
Seaway and Dallas on 2m (144 MHz), which typically is limited to a few
dozen miles in range.  I forget what the system is called, but if
you're interested I'll dig around.  You can listen online even if you
don't have a ham license.

TTYL, DougF KG4LMZ