----- Original Message ----- From: "Boris Liberman" Subject: EBay question (yet another)

Hi!

I bought a 52 mm Pentax Ghostless UV filter off eBay for $20 including shipping to Israel. What I received was a very clean 49 mm filter with one little strange defect. It rattles inside its barrel. That is, it is not fixed in it.

Immediately after I paid, the seller left me a positive feedback.

When I wrote to the seller that I have some problems with the item they offered me full refund upon receiving the filter back. I am going to accept that offer.

The question is, what kind of feedback should I leave? Should I wait until I receive full refund and only then leave the feedback?

I am puzzled as it is the very first time in my practice that I received an item rather different than it was originally described.

What's rather amusing here is that the plastic box and paper box are both from 52 mm filter...

What do you say?

Sounds like the seller made an honest mistake.
Likely the trim ring that holds the glass in place has backed off a bit.
It's a pretty easy fix, just tighten the ring back up.
This is presuming you can use a 49mm Ghostless filter.
Otherwise, return the thing.

William Robb