Shel,

I've shot some film with almost every Pentax camera - K, M, LX, A, P,
SFX thru the Pz-1p, plus the Spotmatic and ES/ESII.  I like the M's
better than the K's because of their size, but the KX and K2 are
special.  In the A series, the Super Program is the standout, way
ahead of the Program Plus or A3000.  With the P series, the P5 is
interesting and often overlooked.  The SF's are big and clunky, but
the PZ-1/1p is big and WOW!

I've shot a fair bit of film with the ME, Super Program, PZ-1, and LX,
plus some with the PZ-1p and MZ-S.  I can still pick up any of the 1st
four cameras and feel perfectly at home, just let me hear the shutter
click once or twice.

Overall, my favorite has to be the LX.  It does everything
effortlessly and predictably.  I go back to the PZ-1p or PZ-1 for
things.  I'm still trying to get familiar with the MZ-S and ist Ds.

Going back and shooting with an H3 and Spotmatic is very enlightening.
 Those cameras and lenses are really small.  The ME and MX are similar
in size and feel.  The Limited lenses carry this tradition with a
similar feel and the ist Ds is truely small.

Regards,  Bob S.