Hallo Eric,

Good to see you here.

The Spotmatic was a fine old camera, but is very old now. I remember it from when I was still in High School during the late 1960s. I never owned one, used to sell them however. There are a lot of Pentax screw mount lenses going cheap nowadays, but I tend to prefer to stick with something more modern that uses the Pentax K-bayonet lens line.

The Pentax *ist DS is the first I've owned and used, and I'm finding it a treat. Very sensibly designed, good lenses, fast enough to cover most needs, and high quality. In the course of things, I acquired an MX body a couple of months ago. This is a very nicely made and finished, all manual/mechanical SLR film body that reminds me very much of my old favorite Nikon FMs.

enjoy
Godfrey