Perhaps you're missing my point.  USING a flash is, imo, rude and
disruptive.  Hiding it on your person doesn't preclude you from using it,
and why would you take it if you weren't planing to use it.

Photographers or the taking of photographs should be banned from certain
venues in some situations. I'd suggest that you learn to work with
available light rather than trying to overpower it with a strong flash.

Shel