On Jul 12, 2005, at 7:42 PM, Toralf Lund wrote:

I though I might make this one look like another little survey, since they seem to be the fashion around here these days... I was just wondering, in relation to that other post of mine regarding macro lenses, how exactly people here prefer do to the focusing when doing macro work. Notably, who uses autofocus and how well does it work?

At macro distances I find that lens' focus ring is more effective as a magnification control. I focus by moving the camera.

Which is basically just repeating what WR said.

Cheers,

- Dave

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/