Here's another crop:
www.dariobonazza.com/provv/latitude2.jpg

Dario

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dario Bonazza" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:22 AM
Subject: Re: Why an istDs?

It is not. The apparent blur is the result of low sharpness setting. I prefer adding a proper unsharp mask during post-production, according to the print size. On the contrary, the Ds was set as default, hence heavy USM and "bright" color setting. BTW, the true colors of the scene were somewhere in betweeen the two pictures, probably closer to the D picture.

However, this is not the the comparison I wanted to do. I just wanted to show that the DS is capable to better open the shadows (highlights being comparable).

Dario

----- Original Message ----- From: "P. J. Alling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>