I would agree with your Pentax Guru: those colour enhancing filters (regardless of the
brand)usually give results which are simply over-the-top and render uniform colour
cast
to the whole picture. Polarizing ususally takes off reflections off foliage and thus
enhances colour saturation. I don't know what type of film you are using: negative or
transparency; if the latter, then I would try a more saturated brand. Although I'm not
particularly fond of this film, Kodak's Ektachrome 100SW (saturated warm) might fill
the bill. Ektachrome 100VS is also saturated - its reds are vivid but excessively so -
in my opinion. Fujichrome Velvia gives me very saturated reds and oranges in the
autumn.
Good luck
Jarek