mike wilson wrote:

From: Jim Hemenway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2005/07/15 Fri AM 02:51:17 GMT
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Another car show - revisited

Hi Keith:

Sonny Carter identified most of the cars and I've updated the the pages to reflect the car names. Which car do you think is the MOG?

I'd change the sentence to read:
"Which car DID I think is the MOG?"

Having been unaware of the Trikings at all, when I saw that yellow #11 at http://www.hemenway.com/MOT/,
I pegged that yellow car as a MOG.

My old sports car days go back to the early '50s, where I finally ended up racing at Put-In-Bay 'round the houses course in Lake Erie, in 1957!

The first name that came to mind when I saw that photo was the similar 3-wheeled Morgan.

Makes me wish I had a lot of discretionary money for buying a stable of sports cars... one of them would certainly be one of these models!

thanks,  keith whaley

These cars were brought in by their owners from all over the northeast, including parts of Canada.

Thanks to Mike Wilson for naming "11, "Triking, I think. Modern version using Moto Guzzi engines. Doesn;t look quite right for one of those but it's the only one I know in production."

http://www.triking-cyclecars.co.uk/

11 - The gull front candy car in the background of this photo was another three-wheeler. There were two more, one with long windows as in a station wagon, and one with windows only in the front with the rest of the car looking like a panel truck. A car like these was used as a "sinister car" in the Mr. Bean series on
television

[...]