> Dan Scott wrote:
>
> Hi Ed,
>
> Way cool opportunity. Makes me want to gas up the
> truck, grab my gear, and go.
>
> How did you shoot? (available light or flash, film
> speed, etc.)
>
> Dan Scott
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Obligatory bug joke:
>
> The answer is, "Its butt."

Hey Dan:

It was a spur of the moment trip so I grabbed a couple of rolls that one of my sons
had laying around from his P&S.  I know the first roll was Fuji Fujicolor Superia CN
100.  I'm pretty sure that the second roll was Fuji Fujicolor Superia CA 200.  It was
around 10:30-11:00 in the morning so I used available light.  They have a type of
netting around the enclosure which diffuses the light very nicely.  As I stated in an
earlier post, I was using my handheld ZX-5n primarily on Spot AF.  It was the first
time out for my Vivitar AF Macro 100mm f/3.5.  I did not use the "Life-Size
Attachment" for 1:1 magnification because I was framing nicely with 1:2.

We also went to see the baby gorilla.  I used my SMCP-FA 80-320mm f/4.5-5.6 with Kodak
Royal Gold 200 to tightly frame the mother nursing the baby!  The was probably the
quickest roll I have ever used.

When we got home, I was telling my brother and he asked if we went to see the baby
polar bear.  Ooops!  Sounds like another excuse to visit the zoo!  Actually, the
butterfly exhibit was so cool I think I want to go again anyway.  We live less than 10
minutes from the zoo so it is very easy.

If you decide to load up the truck, let me know!!!!  Anybody that knows the punchline
to one of my all-time favorite jokes can't be that bad!  :>)

Ed