On 17 Jul 2005 at 21:52, Alan P. Hayes wrote:

> Now that's the opposite of what the sensor brush people claim on
> their website. Their procedure includes blowing clean canned air
> through the bristles of the brush prior to applying it to the sensor.
> They claim that this imparts a static charge to the bristles and
> helps pick up the dust. Frankly I would be surprised if a brush
> didn't pick up particles the size that we are talking about. I blow
> out the brush with canned air prior to using it anyway, as it seems
> like a fairly good way to ensure that the brush is reasonably clean
> at the moment of use.
>
> I asked Godfrey that particular question because he has the real
> sensor brush brush which is more longhaired than the cosmetics brush
> I'm using, which is fairly stubby, not the sort of thing that would
> show a static charge very well. the next time I get to a decent art
> supply. I'll probably grab a couple of brushes to play around with.
>
> What sort of anti-static brush do you have that's that small?

Kinetronics KIDCCK Digital Camera Cleaning Kit

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&Q=&is=REG&O=productlis
t&sku=223328

I used to run compressed nitrogen for cleaning it's far superior to any kind of
brush but too expensive these days. Now I'm looking for a cost effective
compressor/dryer.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998