J. C. O'Connell wrote:

> sounds like a good method for you but if you really know the
> ebay system you will find that it is very hard and time
> consuming to look up OLD negative feedbacks, more time
> consuming than its worth most of the time.
> Reason is ebay wont sort feedbacks by type so you have to
> look thru all of them to find the negs...BAD

Certainly in the UK eBay ran a trial where you could just look at positive,
neutral or negative feedback. Very useful it was too. I haven't seen any
more since the trial ended and I'm wondering if the volume sellers made a
fuss about this.

Even though it has gone now, I still make the effort to check the feedback
left where it is adverse and try to establish where fault lies by following
the feedback left by the other party for others. There's always another
auction if there's any doubt.

> The other thing is you cant see the listings on old negs so
> its hard to tell much about the transaction like $ amount,
> what the seller claimed, etc. BAD

That's true and you have to get a pattern - I've probably walked away at
less than 98% positive anyway.

> Bottom line is only recent feedbacks are "researchable" for a
> potential bidder.

The way the listing is written and the terms and conditions give you your
first hint. Postage charges the second - so many are obviously making on
that - and then the feedback. If it is something unique, it's only how much
do you want it against the risk of loss of cash. Maybe that's too cautious,
but it's been good for me so far.

Malcolm