Bill,

Having never really witnessed a show like this, I was wondering if
you'd care to share a bit of how you go about shooting this venue?
I'd be guessing that you may be pre-focusing, but those dogs look like
they are moving pretty quick and you might end up wanting to focus in
front of the hoop so that their faces are in focus at the best moment.
Anyway, I am quite curious.

--
Bruce