  minister of finance to French King Louis XIV

From: "Godfrey DiGiorgi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Jul 19, 2005, at 10:47 AM, Bruce Dayton wrote:

Having done some somewhat serious mountain biking a few years ago, I
would seriously consider carrying a backpack type of arrangement.  You
can get camel style bladder/pack combo so you wouldn't lose your
hydration system.  You have to realize how much extra shock your
legs/arms and body absorb over what the bike is going to absorb.

Here are a couple of them:
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm? SKU=19584&subcategory_ID=4340 http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm? SKU=19582&subcategory_ID=4340

I would personally feel much more comfortable with one of these, with
your camera well padded in there than any kind of strap/bolt on
carrier to the bike.

Have to agree on that ... camera and other equipment will be much better shock isolated from the pounding the bike's getting ... BUT I always worry about carrying a large, hard items in a backpack, waist pack, or whatever affixed to my body when riding a two wheeler. If you get off and it comes between you and the ground, it can break ribs or worse.

Godfrey