Pål Jensen wrote:
Tom wrote:

In any case, we all have the choice to acquire information and decide whether what we think we're hearing is BS and ignore it, or find it to be plausible and use it in futher decisions.

The point is how you interpret the facts. I can't see anything dramatic
> in the numbers. Pentax is also in the middle of a costly developing
> schedule of coming DSLR's. No wonder profit decreases...

They will always be in a costly developing schedule of coming DSLR's. It's not going to get any easier. I don't think the camera bodies will ever make them any money. They're too costly to develop and manufacture, they go out of date too quickly and they can't move enough units to recover their costs.

They'd be doing well to break even on camera sales and make money on their lenses which have a much longer shelf life.

Tom Reese