Batteries: AA lithiums make the camera even lighter; costs approx. $10 for 4.
AA alkalines are universally available; makes the camera heavier.  AA
rechargeables: heavier but rechargeable if you are close to an outlet.  Also
environmentally friendly. Or if you don't want to use the battery pack, use the
specialty lithiums CR-something or another.

My choice has been AA lithiums and at the slow rate I shoot, I've only had to
change them once in about 3 years in the other Zx-5n body I have.

For the quote: I am one of those that feel that I don't know enough about basic
photography to start messing around w/ Photoshop.  The problem is that I don't
know what results I am trying to achieve.

Have fun in SF today.

Patsy