have her walk into the nearest 4 camera stores and see what she walks out with. the sales 'droids aren't going to be much help at most stores. if you go along, maybe.

Herb....
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Kennedy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 8:42 AM
Subject: Re: Pentax Profits Fall 42%

Perhaps, but I'm not so certain.  I talked to some good friends this
past weekend who currently only have a Kodak DP&S. She had love to get
a DSLR, and their comment toward Pentax was "I had a Pentax back in
the 70s, and I loved it. If/when we look at getting a DSLR, Pentax
would be the first camera I'll look at".

Has that translated to a sale? No. Will it? Perhaps.  Nostalgia can be
a powerfull selling tool. Look at the NA car market.