On Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:29:04 EDT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>With people having such an
>astounding knowledge of computer programming, solid-state electronics, as
>well as plain old photographic know how, could not the electronics of the
>super-program be upgraded? Similar to souping-up the electronics in a high
>performance sports car to get better gas mileage or accelerate better, etc.
>Surely this is possible. Has anyone ever done it, tried it, thought about it?
>Would the operation mean more than programming a chip which would replace the
>current ones? Could the super-program be capable of a more user friendly
>flash operation, or am I dreaming of too much for antiquated technology?

I think this will stay wishfull thinking ...

Sure, technically you could improve on older designs like this but:
- You probably cannot get enough technical details on the current implementation (from
Pentax)
- I don't think the camera from the eighties used (re)programmable chips yet, they
   probably had factory programmable stuff and some dedicated electronics

Regards, JvW

(Electronic engineer and programmer :-)