Amita Guha wrote:

and the projected price? $200.  not bad at all.....

Yeah, really. I'm sort of in the market for a pocketable camera, and this
price point is perfect, I think. But why the heck doesn't it do ISO 400? And
how are there aperture and shutter priority modes when (presumably) you
can't control aperture or shutter speed?

Amita

Amita -- sounds like you might enjoy an Optio 550 (I've had mine for two years now.) I mention this because I happened to see it earlier today on Ritz Camera's web site, on clearance for about $280. Pretty incredible; it originally sold for about $600. That one is pocketable; does ISO 400; and you can control aperture and shutter speed.