Quoc Bao Raphael Tran wrote:
i'm using a pocket bounce flash by lumiquest on my FTZ 500.  the recycle
times are quite horrible in my opinion.  could anybody point me to good AND
not-so-expensive battery pack options?  and what connectors connect to it?
answer me off list (or on-list if u feel ppl are going to appreciate it!)

Hi Raph,

I use a Quantum Turbo Z with my FTZ and find it excellent.
Recycle times, even at full power, are less than 2 seconds.
The unit is quite small and light and fits easily in the breast pocket
of my photographer's jacket.
It has a set of 4 little lights that all light up when it's fully charged
and then go out one by one as the charge is used up.
The recharger takes about a hour to fully restore the pack from
an exhausted state.
The cable for the flash is a curly cord type and the connector
to the flash is very snug fitting, and well designed.

The Quantum wasn't cheap, I think I paid nearly NZ$800.00
for mine, but I have never regretted it.
I do a lot of flash work and the Quantum has more than enough power
for me to do a wedding of 20+ rolls of 36exp. and still have power left over.

I agonised over paying out all that money, but now that I have it, I look
forward to doing jobs like weddings, knowing that not only do I look like a
professional, I can do a professional job as well.

Regards,

Max

Auckland, NZ

EOM

NOTICE - This message contains information intended only for the use of the addressee
named above.  It may also be confidential and/or privileged.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you must not
disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it.  If you have received this
message in error please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED]