I don't think that it's digital per se that's helpful here.  I think it's a
matter of your preferred or self imposed style of working.  If you could
shoot TX and get the processed film back to you as conveniently, would one
way or the other matter?  I'm the opposite, even when I've shot digital.  I
like some distance from the photographs, look at them more than once,
sometimes over months or longer.

Shel