Here's a little trick:

Buy a camera you don't want.  Let her see it.  Make sure she
understands that you really got a good deal.  Leave it in plain sight
for a while.  Talk about it a lot.  Pretend you like it.  Then sell
it.  Now you've got ammunition.  "Remember the whatsinwhosit that I
really liked?  I sold that one!"

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com

--
"You have to hold the button down" -Arnold Newman