It's a little late, but hey, I'm supposed to be retired and I'm working 2 jobs while trying to redo a bathroom.

In '68, shortly before the birth of our first child, my brother-in-law got me a deal on a Spotty with a 50mm 1.4 for $100. I had seen previous versions in a PX in Heidelberg, so I knew this was what I wanted. It's been better than I had hoped. I had been having a great time with it and the lenses I accumulated over 20 years (28, 35, 135, 200) when I moved to Texas and a co-worker led me to explore what the world of photography had become.

Suddenly, I was shooting a SuperProgram with a Tamron 35-210 3.5-4.2. That, plus a K adaptor and the world was wonderful. Now, when I got lazy, I wouldn't walk to the right perspective and the camera would choose an OK exposure. I started shooting food shots for pub in newspapers and magazines and, as ever, either camera could take better pictures than I would.

When work took me to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, my wife, who had joined me for our 30th anniversary, insisted that I use the occasion to upgrade my camera. So, I came home with a Z-1 and an FA28-105 and FA100-300 to take even more food and agricultural (e.g., pecan orchard, olive grove) shots. Did I say that my wife is a food writer?

Years later, I unfortunately discovered something called PDML. A true mistake. Y'all somehow enveigled me into an MX, a KX and an *istD with still more lenses. OK! Now I'm even further behind the curve as to my capability vs the camera's capability.

Still treasure the Spotty which continues to pull its own weight.

Larry in Dallas