On Aug 7, 2005, at 4:27 AM, Cotty wrote:

On 7/8/05, David Mann, discombobulated, unleashed:

If you open a link in the original Google window you can click on the
orange "snap-back" arrow in the Google search box, and it'll take you
straight back to the results.

Pardon me? I can't see any orange 'snap-back' arrow. Take me through it
slowly....

Far as I can tell, Google changed their page's code generation which is what causes this new, unexpected behavior in Safari. I'm not enough of a javascript expert to say whether it's uncovered a bug in Safari or whether it's within the normal bounds of incompatibility of browsers...

I've not used the Google preference before either, and usually do not go to the Google search page to do a query.

Normally, I set Safari's Tabbed browsing ON. I use the Google search field in the upper right of the browser window. If I want to look at several things, I command-click them after a search ... each opens in its own tab.

If I want to go search and look at one at a time, click on one, follow a thread arbitrarily deep, then click on the orange arrow in the Google search field brings you back to the master search results.

Godfrey