Hi,

nice shot, Boris.
Quite different from Frank's latest cyclist shots ;-)

Of course, it's a matter of training shotting without viewfinder. I've been doing that for many years, starting with a Kodak Retina IIIc I got from my grandfather. With it's leaf shutter, it's areal stealth camera.

One of my later enablements is a waist level finder for my LX, it's not very good for precise focussing from the hip, but it works great for the rough framing. As a former woodworker, I've still got some practice in estimating lengths and distances - very useful in photography, now.
One of the many reasons why I still don't see a real alternative to the LX.

Pancho

Boris Liberman schrieb:

Hi!

Nice scene, however, using the viewfinder would have allowed for a better
composition.  Glad you're having fun with your "belly cam."

Shel, one of the things I want to learn is to be able to aim my camera with a reasonable precision without looking in the viewfinder. I've done it few time with my daughter, but those photos will remain in our family album ;-)...

This focal length seems quite right and even with FOV(1.5) applied, it is less demanding than say, 50 mm.

I must admit, I so much like my 43 Lim, that I am thinking of selling both 50/1.4 and FA 50/1.7...

Boris