I assume you're going to be using a fairly long lens? That flash isn't going to
be powerful enought to have much affect on the exposure outdoors. I'd try
shooting at ISO 400. Set exposure manually to one stop under a spot meter
reading on the bird feeder at as large an aperture as possible. Then use the
flash set to high speed synch at full power. Check your results and histogram
and adjust accordingly if necessary. But I'm guessing you'll be fairly close.