Folks -

I have a question - Fujifilm is coming out with S9000
a new camera.  This one has 9 Megapixels, 10.7x
optical and 2x digital zoom.  I really liked these
specifications very much.  I have been trying to
analyze my digital requirements for quite some time
and looks like this one could be a well fit.

One thing I am looking in the specifications is that
it has color depth of 24 bit.  And Fujifilm has come
up with Real Photo - something new from their own R&D,
to give improved color rendition.

My question is perhaps very basic.   In camera, to
what extent 24 bit and 36 bit matter ?  And in case it
matters, by having real photo as an improvement for
color rendition, would it compensate the 24 bit color
depth ?  In other words, other cameras having 36 bit
but 6megapixels and this camera with 24 bit but real
photo as an improvement plus 9 megapixels - can we
make comparison ? And if yes, what are the plusses and
minuses ?

I am kind of confused here.  I do want to go in for a
camera that will give me bigger enlargements.  Right
now, I am using Nikon 4500 and pringing 13 * 19.  I
don't claim this is excellent quality and that's why I
want to move to another camera.

Any thoughts, please ?

Thank you.

Anand