Len wrote:

>Maybe the only way for you to find out would be to listen to
>some other MZ-S's to make a direct comparison.
>
>Perhaps the differences in sound being reported can be
>attributed in part to differences in hearing.  One person says
>it's high-pitched and loud and another says it's very silent.
>That could be because one person's hearing is not the same as
>the other's.
>
>Len

That's what I was thinking, too, reading the various accounts. My wife is
oblivious to sounds that set my teeth on edge.

Maybe someone with an MZ-S and a computer with a mike can record the
shutter click and the film rewind. I think there is a Japanese web site
somewhere that has wav files from an assortment of bodies.

Dan Scott
dscott