I'll second Godfrey on this, the 20-35 is an exceptional lens.

http://www.mindspring.com/~pjalling/PESO_--_untitledv.html

keithw wrote:

Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

On Aug 18, 2005, at 10:15 AM, keithw wrote:

Any idea what new price is on this lens [20-35]?
I assume it's the FA version, f/4.0?

I have no need for an automatic lens, but know of no standard K mount zooms with that range. I have a fixed focus 19mm, but if I find a solid performer in the 20-35mm range, I'd use it instead. Maybe...

Yes, FA20-35/4 AL. I paid US$470 (plus sales tax) for it, new. I find it an excellent performer overall, with good rectilinear correction, sharp & contrasty, nice oof rendering.

On both ends of the focal range? f/4.0 on up?
I'm tempted...

keith

I'm going to do some comparison exposures between it, the A24/2.8 and FA35/2 sometime soon.

For the DS' sensor format, I find the standard "generic" screw-in metal lens hood (Kalt brand) sold by B&H is an improvement over the Pentax-supplied lens hood: it's smaller diameter, seems to do as good a job, and does not vignette.

Godfrey

--
When you're worried or in doubt, Run in circles, (scream and shout).