On Aug 18, 2005, at 10:58 AM, Unca Mikey wrote:

My first GESO, from our recent trip to Chicago. All shots taken with my Pentax *ist 35mm, Fuji Superia (200 or 400), and either the FA 28-105 f/3.2-4.5 AL IF or the FA J 18-35. Film processed and scanned at a local minilab.

Comments and suggestions always welcome -- I had a lot of fun snapping away on this trip, and think I am learning, both about the equipment and about seeing things differently.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=520547

I like the photo labeled "Shore". Nice balance of compositional elements and colors.

If there's anything I would suggest for your next photo session it's "Move in closer!"

The other four photos in this set are not bad pictures but they don't really have much 'weight' to them ... they seem a little tentative, distant, as if you weren't quite sure of what you wanted to portray. Single out something that you want to capture and let it become the FOCUS of the photograph, the thing that takes your attention.

:-)

Godfrey