This one time, at band camp, Igor Roshchin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So, I am currently looking at Tokina AT-X 828 AF PRO (80-200, f/2.8)
> It is still expensive (~$610-$60~=$550), but ...
>
> Does anybody have experience with this lens?
> Has anybody used it with *ist DS/D?
> Are there any comparative tests online? (I tried to find, but couldn't so far)

I have one also. Much of my photography is performance based, ie. stage and low
light conditions. I recently covered a 13 day event with this lense and 2 *istD
bodies. Fortunately I had a spare body as one of them died a slow death.

Anywho.. Most folks will tell you this is soft at the long end, ie 200mm f2.8
and
this is so mostly, however I have found that using manual focus at this
length/fstop
gives a much sharper image as seen here..
http://www.wildcherry.com.au/index.php?p=gallery&photo_id=172
http://www.wildcherry.com.au/index.php?p=gallery&photo_id=171

However, I for my next largish indoor shoot I need to get a Pentax version. I
really
need the auto focus to obtain a better consistant result and volume of photo's.
If I were simply shooting for myself, this lense would do fine if focused
manually
at its longest/fastest.

Kind regards
Kevin