Hi John,

I've travelled in Spain quite a bit. Almost every year for the last 5
or 6, and this year I spent June and July backpacking here. I'm now in
Madrid, but leaving for Budapest tomorrow.

I agree that Granada is a must see. Some people say it is the most
beautiful city in Europe, and they might be right. Godfrey's
suggestion of Salamanca is also an excellent one, Salamanca has what
is probably the nicest plaza in all Spain.

I would spend two or three days in Madrid, at least two in Granada,
and maybe one in Salamanca.

You might also want to do a day trip from Madrid to Toledo, it is very
near and quite worth seeing, but then again, don't do it if it means
not going to Granada.

Sevilla is great, but I'd skip it given only one week.

Have a good trip!

--
Juan Buhler
http://www.jbuhler.com