Hi,

Anybody know anything about these two Mamiya/Sekor Auto SX
lenses ( 100mm F2.8 and 105mm F2.8 both Auto SX series lens
with M42 ( Pentax Screwmount ) lensmounts?

http:/jcoconnell.com/temp/amsx100vs105.jpg

The most obvious difference is the 4 vs 5 element optical design
and the extra 5mm focal length but that doesn't really tell me what I need
to know...

Specifically, I found these both in same catalog but they
are so similar it makes no sense that they came out at same
time. What I would like to know is which came out first,
was there a price difference, is there any optical performance differences,
and is there any signifigant mechanical differences?
I don't really want to have get both of them to find out.

Any experts on the Auto Mamiya SX Lens series out there?

( WARNING - K mount bodies cannot use these lenses with an adapter
because they have no means of setting the aperture manually with
being modified - only wide open aperture is possible w/ PK bodies which
is of little use in most cases )

JCO

The 100mm came afterwards. It is also very uncommon. One went unsold on eBay 2 weeks ago, from Eastern Europe, at 100$ + high shipping if I remember well.

It is probably better optically as it is a newer design but this is not a rule of course...

Andre