On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 21:32:48 +0100, Graywolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote, inter alia, about Nixon:

Funny thing is he probably did more good than any president in US history, but the only thing he is remembered for is Watergate. graywolf

Would you care to expand on that? I remember that he started talking to China, and for that was immortalised in an opera by John Adams, but what else? I should have thought that Washington, Lincoln, FDR, Truman and JFK (for Cuba) had greater claims, but history was never my best subject.

John