Cameron,
I'm one of those guys who saw great results from the FA*24 on film.
I was worried about the lens until I saw Stan using it on his digital
body in one of the photos posted to the list.  That's good enough for
me.
And I have yet to see bad digital results from it.
Perhaps I'll run some tests against the A24/2.8.
At f2, it's easier to focus.
Regards,  Bob S.