----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Stenquist"
Subject: Re: A couple of PESOs

Hi Bill,
Considering that you were trying to shoot birds in flight, you seem to have done a reasonably good job of getting them in focus on that second shot, although it would be nice if they were a bit closer. There doesn't seem to be any evidence of camera shake, so your tripod setup must be working.

Thats the Zone VI tripod under a Wimberley head. I had some problems getting an attachment that was workable, and I really think Pentax could have done a better job on the design of this lens. The only way I can actually get the thing to balance is with the istD and battery pack, or else the LX with the winder attached.

On that first shot with the towers, I would rotate it
a bit to straigten the verticals if it were mine. What's most lacking here is really compelling subject matter. I think a trip to Denali is in store for you. First you buy the lens, then you go to Denali. Just ask Ken :-).

Compelling subject matter? You don't like flying rats? <g>

I was on my way home from the lumber store and decided to try to shoot some shots of the Re/Max balloon. They were even more bland, so I tried to take a picture of an airliner taking off. Couldn't track it until it was a mere speck, so I decided to try something slower moving.

This is a very challenging lens to shoot with.
Thanks for looking and commenting.

William Robb