At 05:37 AM 8/21/2005, Frantisek wrote:

G> I really don't think there will be much "hand shaking" if you put
G> extremists of opposite polarity together. I really don't think the
G> "political spectrum" is a circle.

The circle, as a simplification but much better one than left-right
line is accepted in political science in academic circles. Once you
think about it, it makes sense. And if you don't think there will be
hand shaking with opposite polarity extremists, you really don't know
extremists in reality (which is probably a good thing for
you!).

Sorry, I've thought about it, but I still don't think a circle is an acceptable model for what many refer to as the "political spectrum". Instead of telling me that it's an accepted model by some academics, and that if I think about it, it will make sense, why don't you simply explain it to me? I say, if it can't be explained, then it doesn't make sense. ;-)

Better yet, let's forget politics altogether and talk about Pentax lenses, cameras, and photography. :)

take care,
Glen