On Aug 22, 2005, at 5:43 AM, Dave Kennedy wrote:

That's part of my problem. Since getting the digital body, I've been
shooting almost exclusively digital, but I'm not certain I want to
hang up the film bodies yet.

Can't help you there. I do still have a few film cameras and even acquired that nice MX body a while back. Haven't used a roll of film in three years now, though. They're as good as in the box for me.

So am I hearing that the performance of the DA50-200 would be
comparable to the F70-210? (for Digital).

That's my understanding.

I guess a more generic question is :
Is the DA50-200 designed to complement the 16-45 or the 18-55?
Price-wise it looks like the 18-55, but I'm wondering in terms of
performance.

I don't quite understand the question. If the lens performs well ... what others who have it have reported, it does... what difference does its price relationship with the 16-45 or 18-55 make? It's a fair price for a modest speed lens of this focal length range.

Godfrey