This one time, at band camp, "Shel Belinkoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello Kevin ...
>
> We must have very different standards or you must be performing some
> digital magic.  I've seen a few 16" x 20" prints made from an istD, and
> they looked very soft.

I have, in front of me, several images I have printed from the *istD.
These are for promotional purposes. I have a 6x4 5x7 8x12 16x20 24x30
and 30x40. And you are correct in saying they are a little soft. But
a 30x40 image is not made to be viewed at less than a meter where the
eye starts to compensate for imperfections, sort of fills in the blanks.
I dont do much wide angle photography and still prefer my 6x7, but for
punching out most images, 8x12 and down, the smaller frame suits just
fine.

I think many would just buy the first 8 megapixel or full frame Pentax
for the sheer coolness of owning one.

Kind regards
Kevin